Yoga Instructor Training
About Kaivalya Yoga Academy
To get on our mailing list email Lennessa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.”
This program is designed for those who have been exposed to Ashtanga Yoga, and anyone who is interested in diving deeply into one of yoga’s sacred and traditional lineages. Our goal is to bring students to a professional level by training extensively in a holistic experience of all eight limbs of the Royal Yogic path. The training will also foster a working vocabulary of Sanskrit terminology and the confidence and inspiration to pass on the love of yoga to our future students.
$30 application fee
Early Bird Discount tuition – $2,250 (by Nov 30, 2017)
Tuition – $2,500 (by Feb 1, 2015)
Payment Plan tuition – $2,750-$3,000
Deposit- $500, due at registration
Registration deadline: February 1, 2017
Program includes in-depth study of
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Raja Yoga (Philosophy)
- Teaching Methodology (posture alignment modifications/adjustments)
- Meditation and Pranayama
- Subtle and Physical Anatomy and Physiology
- Yogic Lifestyle and Ethics
- Yoga History and Influence
- Vegetarian Cooking and Healthy Nutrition
- Sanskrit Studies
- …and more
- Hands-on class instruction
- Yoga Training Manual
- 200+ hour Teacher Training Certificate
- Yoga Alliance registered program
- Classes will be held at The Yoga School in Ithaca, NY. See our contact page for contact information, a map, and location details.
- To register with Kaivalya Yoga Academy, or for more information, call Lennessa Shantaya at 607.793.6471.
Sample Weekend Schedule Outline
- Friday 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
SAMPLE WEEKEND SCHEDULE DETAILS:
- 5:30-7:30 p.m. led Ashtanga practice
- 7:30-9:30 p.m. Raja Yoga, philosophy
- 8-10 a.m. led Primary
- 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. history of yoga
- 12-2 p.m. lunch break
- 2-4 p.m. pranayama workshop
- 4-5 p.m. subtle anatomy class (chakras and psychic body)
- 8-9 a.m. pranayama/meditation practice
- 9-10 a.m. chanting/Sanskrit studies
- 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. led Modified Primary Series
- 2-4 p.m. how to teach and practice teaching: open a class, observe, cue, and verbally adjust (ujjayi, bandhas, drishtis, sun salutes)
- 4-6 p.m. practice teaching